Joseph Capriati has mixed fabric 80, due for release on February 16th.
Capriati has made his name as a purveyor of techno and tech house—he’s a resident at Marco Carola’s Music On party in Ibiza and released an album, Self Portrait, in 2013 via Adam Beyer’s Drumcode imprint. fabric 80 reflects those tastes, with Capriati selecting tunes from labels like Drumcode, 100% Pure, Ellum Audio and CLR. You can hear soundclips over at the fabricwebsite.
“I recorded the mix live in my studio with two CDJs and a mixer, like if I was mixing at fabric,” he says. “I made a tracklist with various techno and tech house tastes, with some vocals and melodies included, like a journey at fabric, passing from Room One to Room Two and going back to Room One for the last track, which is melodic and emotional, like if it was 9 AM and the club was going to close, and you will never forget that night.”
01. Clap! Clap! – Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Mix)
02. Aura Dub – Smells Like A Virgin
03. Joseph Capriati – Partenopeo
04. Bastinov – Ellipse (Proudly People Remix)
05. Alex Mine – Entady
06. Adam Beyer – Stone Flower
07. Phil Kieran – Hells Bells
08. Recondite – Caldera
09. Shlomi Aber – Helter Skelter
10. Hans Bouffmyhre & Kyle Geiger – Dispatch
11. 2000 and One – Plant 1
12. Joel Mull – Wind It Up
13. Gary Beck – Backward
14. Johannes Heil – Transition Six
15. Hinz & Ruhmhardt – Doch
16. Alan Fitzpatrick – Organic
17. Brian Sanhaji – Gyre
18. Odd Parents – Learn To Fly (Maceo’s Flight Home Mix)
Fabric Records will release fabric 80 on February 16th, 2015.